Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Organic Gardening Course

I just got a call from Urban Farmer in Vancouver. I put myself on the waiting list for a spot in the upcoming Organic Gardening course on June 7 and, lucky me, someone bailed, so I am in!

Here is the description of the course from their website:

Introduction to Organic Food Gardening

Learn how to grow your own vegetables in an urban environment. City Farmer's hands on organic food gardening course includes:


- site planning/design/soil preparation
- choice of seeds-plants/starting seeds
- companion-succession planting/harvesting/composting
- organic gardening techniques/natural pest control/bugs
- container gardening
- waterwise gardening
- birds and mammals in the garden

If you are interested in taking the course, here's the link: Urban Farmer: 2008 Classes

I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: